Wednesday, January 20, 2010

From Sacramento to Dallas...

Yesterday I got off of a conference call with my district and my manager asked me and the other Salt Lake City girl to call her later. I called first and my manager told me that they were going to restructure the district boundries which meant she would no longer be in charge of Salt Lake City! Bummer..I am usually really good with change and actually get excited when something new happens because for some reason I think it's fun to start something new, but this was not good news. I told Kathy that I thought it was a very bad idea and I wasn't happy. She agreed and said that they broke the news to her last week. I actually started crying. Kathy has been one of the greatest people to work for and now I have to move to a new district all because they wanted to even out the numbers. Dallas didn't have as many people so they thought they would steal from Sacramento's team. I know we're all on the "same team" and it's not like I am leaving the company. I am just so sad to be leaving such a great group of people. I am hoping for the best and I'm sure everything will be fine but it was really hard to hear. Kathy told me that she bragged to my new manager about how great I was and how I will be his "right hand man", blah blah blah and now I really have to live up to all that! Next week we have a big training meeting in Ft. Lauderdale that I was looking forward to because we all hadn't been together since last May, but they are making the switch Feb. 1st so they want me and the other SLC girl to start hanging out with Dallas. So sad...when I came out of my room to go tell Travis I burst into tears and he thought the worst. I tried to motion to him that it's not that bad, but all he could see was a very sad lady. I explained what happened and he gave a sigh of relief that I still had a job. He and Jake gave me hugs and kisses which helped but it was hard to head out the door. I seriously have never had that reaction about a job before...I must really like this one and I definitely liked my manager. So it's on to new things with Dallas and hopefully we'll have some fun! Jake was so sweet. When he saw how sad I was, he jumped off his train, gave me a hug and kiss and said don't worry I will make it all better. What a sweet kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment