Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jakers is too cute!

I am terrible about writing things down so I'm really trying to work on that. Jake says and does the funniest things sometimes and if I don't start recording them we'll forget. So here are a few things he's said or done in the last little while. I woke him up this morning singing "In the Leafy Tree Tops", from primary and he slowly wiggled awake, pulled me close for a hug and kiss and then asked me to stop singing so he could finish the song. Jake has a jealous side when it comes to me and Travis. Anytime he sees Travis hug or kiss me, Jake will shout "hey that's my mommy! You leave her alone!" Then he runs up to us and tries to "save" me from Travis. We always get a kick out of it cuz it's pretty cute, and Travis likes to egg him on so he will hug and kiss me more and say "Hey Jake, You jealous?" which of course makes him try to save me even more. Once he finally gets Travis away from me Jake will hug and kiss me and then look over at his dad and say "You Jealous Dad?" The first time he did that we died laughing. It's so cute to see what he picks up. My mom has a twin sister, and over Christmas anytime she came over to my mom's house Jake would look at my mom and then look at her sister and say, "That's Grandma...and that's more Grandma!" We just started to call Aunt Joan Grandma More after that :) Jake's uncle Cameron likes to dress up like Nacho Libre and since that is one of Jake's favorite movies he will call Cameron, Nacho, every now and then. We were on the phone with Cameron and his family one time and they were all saying "Hey Jake Uncle Cameron is here". He quickly corrected them all and said, "That's not Cameron, that's Nacho!" Last night we were getting ready for bed when Jake tooted quite loudly. He started to giggle and I told him that's not what we do when we toot. What do you say Jake? Then Jake said,"oh excuse me I have a big poopie!" We tried really hard not to laugh at that one. Jake has a love of music and will sing and dance quite a bit. Travis likes to blast the music for him when they are riding in the car and on certain songs he puckers his lips and starts to bob his head to the music. He is pretty good at singing along to. Some of his favorites are: Beverly Hills by Weezer, Apologize by One Republic, Ordinary People by John Legend, and anything that Michael Jackson sings. He's also pretty good with his church songs too. We've been told many times at nursery that he is one of the best singers. He gets most of the words down along with the music and sometimes he will tell Travis and I that we can't sing with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment