Thursday, January 14, 2010

Here we go!

So this is our first attempt at blogging and hopefully it will go well. We've had the blog for a year and over Christmas my sister Sara showed me how to use it. Needless to say the updates may take us awhile to get to but Travis and I thought it would be fun to try it out. I guess the best place to start is with introductions, so here it goes...I'm Amanda, the wife, mother, etc. I just turned 29 this week and I work full time for a pharmaceutical company. Travis, the husband, father, etc. will be, ahem, 35 next month and it has just hit him that he is only 5 years away from 40. He's a full time student at UVU and is working towards a degree in Behavioral Science. He wants to be a counselor someday. Jacob, or Jake, the man of the house, son, cutest kid ever, etc. is our busy 2 1/2 year old. He keeps things entertaining in our house, always surprising us with new things he says and does. He's a sweet little boy! Just last night as we were getting ready to say our prayers he started into his own little prayer without any help from Travis or myself. He got the opening, middle and closing done all by himself and we were so proud. Sure we couldn't understand all of it but we knew what he meant. The best part about living with a 2 year old is that you can see exactly what kind of person you are because he will mimic things you say and do. Not that Travis and I are saints by any means, but it was nice to know that we're doing some good.

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog! I am excited to hear what you have to say about, well, everything!

    ReplyDelete